Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Long Run

I'm fading out, the air is getting thin
I'm not allowed to quit, but I want to give in
They say I'm not alone (feed me more lies)
Because the consequences, will be only mine

In the long run, it'll be worth it
But it's this long run that's killing me
Yes I'm crying all this self pity
I've never - claimed to be pristine

My chest tightens and my eyes blur
Smiles I see are awkward and absurd
They laugh now with each complaint
Please don't patronize me and my pain

In the end, all will be well
What is this end where does it hide
Each day I work and harder I try
Mask out fears harbored inside

Their face is fuzzy and sounds are mute
Silence surrounds me I've no clue
How am I supposed to handle this
Tired of beating these bloody fists

In the long run, it'll be worth it
But it's this long run - that's killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment