Friday, August 5, 2011

Used to by Proud to be Weird

I used to embrace my weirdness, but now I find myself ashamed of it.  Why can't I be normal and have nothing out of the ordinary happen to me?  Why must I be "weird"?  Isn't this an identity crisis that occurs in middle and high school when you're trying to find your place in society aka your classmates?  I guess a big part of it is that as much as I want to be free to be me I am entering a profession that, well, I have to act professional.  No visible tattoos, no piercings, no "out there" clothing or hairstyles.

It's not even a matter of wanting to express myself.  I just feel comfortable in the not so ordinary.  I know what you're thinking, why enter a profession where you can't be yourself?  Reality check, starving artist and living pay check to pay check just isn't for me.  Also, it may make me sound arrogant, but God gave me my intelligence for a reason.  I'm smarter than your average bear and I intend to use it to the best of my ability.  Are these the sacrifices that I have to make?

Feel free to comment, all 2 people reading this..

No comments:

Post a Comment